Saturday 23 January 2016

There's a new trainer in town...

Style Theory: In my mind there is no better trend than the trainer trend. It is possibly the most practical and comfortable trend in years (closely followed by the UGG boot trend from the 00s - I know you either loved or hated them but there was no doubt they were the ultimate in comfort) The humble trainer still reigns supreme, I have been wearing my Stan Smiths non stop for the last few years, I have dabbled in Adidas Superstars, indulged in Golden Goose and now I have a new obsession..... the Nike Cortez.




Images above via Pinterest & Chiara Ferragni Instagram 

Completely old school, I had a pair of Nike Cortez at university and, of course, Tom Hanks sported them as Forest Gump in 1994! (mmm I am really selling them to you?!) but...they are the trainers for Spring 2016 and do look pretty cool on.....

They will look fab with crop kick flares, boyfriend jeans or with a denim skirt or dress. The gold cortez would be perfect to wear to work (even just to look slightly edgy on a daily commute then change in to heels at work) 

I am slightly obsessed with both the white and the gold colourways below but I think the white may just have the edge for casual-wear, thinking forward to summer, with little summer dresses, or denim shorts. They look cool and fresh and I for one will be jumping on the bandwagon for this trend..
Nike Cotez @Office £61.99
Nike Classic Cortez Bronze @Office £71.99
Now looking at the bronze I think I like these equally as much. Anyway, suffice to say this style of trainer is gorgeous and will be the most fabulous addition to a Spring/Summer wardrobe.

Are you a trainer wearer, which styles are your favourites? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments until next time, Frances xxxx



7 comments:

  1. These are going straight on my Spring wish list Frances! I think the white version with the red swoosh will be fab with our new Banana Republic navy sweater and would add a tiny bit of much needed colour to my wardrobe! ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the '80s, we called these gangsta Nikes because all of the gangs used to wear them. I see that they're coming back in style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in the 90s I had about 6 pairs of these in loads of colour ways. I LOOOOVED them. Especially my bottle green white stripe ones. Yep I can easily re-adopt these into my wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these trainers, was actually eyeing up the white pair a few weeks back. Great for everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bronze ones are tempting me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I love these! My next trainer buy will definitely be Nike low tops and these could be the ones! I would like black either as a feature or totally black! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com