Monday 30 November 2015

Outfit Post...muted tones for Winter

Style Theory: There is nothing better than colour.. in the summer bold colours clashed together look bright and eye-catching. In the autumn/winter muted colours blended and layered upon one another create a subtle palette,  they reflect the shades of nature, pinks, greys and dark reds, complimenting and illuminating winter skin. Add a dash of metallic and a splash of sparkle for a 2015 spin...
Twist & Tango Arleen PVC Trousers, £89 // American Vintage Boolder Cardigan in powder, £110 // American Vintage Blossom Black Jumper, £85 // Becksondergaard Wool grey Scarf, £85 // From StXavier Beaded Bag, £75 // IvyLee Bronze Polly Boots, £170 - All From Quattro Rish

This is one of the outfits I styled for one of my favourite boutiques, Quattro Rish in Reigate, if you happen to live in the area pop in, owner Ivy has an amazing eye for cool Scandi brands and beautiful French tailoring. The prices are varied and there are always so many items that inspire me, I always leave clutching a Quattro Rish bag with something I know I will wear non-stop.  You can mail order via phone  01737 235468.

These boots are incredibly comfortable and the cardigan and scarf are both super soft. The leather look trousers are the best I have tried on, they do wrinkle a bit but I don't mind that, I love the fact they are not too hot and claustrophobic, but comfortable and light. I have ordered the cardigan for Christmas and a pair of boots (fingers crossed they have some in stock!)

I love finding beautiful independent boutiques that have new exciting brands, I find mixing and matching with high street staples like Zara and Topshop creates a balanced and interesting wardrobe and reignites my love of fashion..

However, now to shift my mind to Christmas presents, it is 1st November tomorrow and I have not started my Christmas shopping..not.one.thing..*mild panic* and as I am from a big family there are a lot of people to buy for as well as my two little ones..so I hope to get my Christmas gift thinking cap on and write a few Gift blog posts..anything exciting, gorgeous you have found in your shopping travels I would love love to hear about!

Until next time, hopefully armed with Christmas inspiration, Frances xxx

Thank you so much to Quattro Rish for collaborating with me on this little styling project, I loved it!

5 comments:

  1. Don't set us back a month!đŸ˜‰adore the cardigan and the hat! I'm always so nervous about mixing my colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! I find tonal colours the easiest way to wear colours. I love the mixture of textures, too. I'm a real fan of soft berry shades (like your lovely hat) or seagreens this time of year, great to mix with neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots - very jealous that you're getting those! How rock chick are those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots are just fabulous! And I never would have paired them with the soft colour of the cardi, but they work perfectly. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super boots, comfy yet I'm loving the slightly rocky style of them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com