Saturday 31 October 2015

Winter Sparkle

Style Theory: We all need a little sparkle in our lives right? It is never too early to add an item of sparkly clothing to your wardrobe...


It is easy to make it daytime acceptable. Just wear one glitter item, I am thinking this season a jumper or a vest top, and dress down with jeans, trainers (or wellies!) and wear a parka over the top so just a little sparkle is showing. I wore my new Primark black and silver jumper with my dungarees, completely dressed down and during the daytime I still managed to get a little sparkle in my life..
Jumper: Primark £9 (avail in store)
Dungarees: H& M similar here
Converse: House of Fraser now £35.99
Bag: &Other Stories similar here
The Primark sweater is available in store (also in a gold colour) and was £9 or £10, my local store had lots so it worth checking if you fancy a little sparkle!

There are some gorgeous sparkly tops available on the high street, here is my edit of the best:
The Dream Top...
Bella Freud in Selfridges £270
The dream sweater from Bella Freud, blue merino wool with metallic yarn, sparkly and extra special, the kind of Christmas jumper I would be more than happy to wear. Also comes in black... 
Travelling Bazaar £179
Travelling Bazaar £179
This Munthe sweater from Travelling Bazaar has a stunning, super glittery (sparklier in real life) panel of sparkle across the middle. The beige has silver, the pink has gold, it is a super soft sweater mohair and wool mix, not itchy at all. Wear with wellies or with heels this sweater would be a hard worker in your wardrobe!
&Other Stories £65
Another gorgeous sweater with a nod to metallics, merino wool, supersoft and at a more affordable price than the Bella Freud sweater, this is on my wish list. I love the skirt too which will available soon..the outfit above is a really cool Christmas look, add black opaques and little shoe boots.
&Other Stories £45
This sweater looks really luxe, I would size up to wear it slouchy. 
H&M Poloneck £29.99
Love the gold colour with blue denim, wear underneath a denim pinafore dress with opaque tights and trainers for a relaxed look. *one to try on just to check it is not itchy..
H&M £24.99
Love the shade of red of this jumper, it looks a fine knit so would not be itchy. I would size up on this sweater and wear slouchy with black ankle length jeans and a pair of heels for a night out. Or for daytime with a pair of blue boyfriend jeans and stan smith trainers.
H&M £49.99
Slightly 'out there' but I adore this jacket. Again I would size up, wear slouchy, completely dress down to make it daytime ready, wear a white/grey/black t-shirt underneath, a pair of loose boyfriend jeans and stan smith trainers. Or wear with a tee, a pair of black skinny jeans and black converse.
Topshop £20
This top speaks for itself, wear it instead of a grey Tee to add a little sparkle.
Topshop £36
Love this top, the shape is gorgeous, a real swing top, balance the volume by wearing skinny jeans and a pair of heeled ankle boots.
Zara £17.99
This has a subtle gold thread through the fabric for a gold sheen. Love the sleeves on this top, this would look great under dungarees or a pair of leather shorts, thick tights and a pair of trainers.

I am well and truly onboard with a bit of Autumn sparkle, I think I may 'need' the &otherstories sweater and the H&M zip top, love the sporty vibe.

Are you a fan of shimmer and sparkle or do indulge at Christmas or avoid completely?! As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the & other stories star sweater, would like her hair colour too! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that-and they have a dress version of the sweater that is to die for too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com