Thursday 2 July 2015

Victoriana Lives On

Style Theory: Victoriana style blouses are set to be a big trend this Autumn/Winter, the catwalks were full of beautiful ruffled blouses in sheer fabrics with lace details. Why not get on board with this trend now, Victoriana styling is incredibly versatile and translates beautifully from the summer, through the Autumn into the winter. The high street's exciting new stock is full of nods to this trend, I adore this look it is grown up with a cool edge and so easy to style...
Wear with distressed denim shorts and flat strappy sandals this summer.
Victoriana tops look fabulous with flared jeans..another 2015 must have.
A beautiful ditsy print looks fabulous on a ruffled blouse, toughen up the look with skinny jeans and heels
Alex Chung does Victoriana impeccably, add a leather pencil skirt and pointed flats for style perfection
An embroidered dress mixes victoriana with boho chic...
Love this modern take on the Victoriana loook.
Victoriana tops are so easy to wear in the summer, pair with denim cut off shorts and strappy sandals for a cool day look, wear with a midi, long, button through skirt and tan sandal heels for an on trend 70s look. In the winter pair with flared or skinny jeans and throw a blazer over the top.

Here are the best on the high street available now, a perfect addition to your summer wardrobe..
Free People Lace Top £98

I adore this top, it is a little pricey but this style of top is worth investing in as it is so versatile and will see you through season after season.


Free People One Eyes Open Top £78

A floaty option, keep your bottom half  skinny, skinny ankle length jeans or denim shorts.

Free People Babylon Dress £138
French Connection Dayton Frill Blouse £125

I put this on instagram a while ago and am still obsessed by it. All bells and whistles, such a statement blouse keep the rest of your outfit simple.

Zara Combined Guipure Lace Top £25.99
Zara Combined Dress £39.99

I have just bought this see how I have styled it below.

Topshop Victoriana Dress £46
Topshop Victoriana Dress £46

Love this dress in the black, wear with black/snakeskin Mango strappy sandals for an understated, cool look.

Mint Velvet Victoriana Top £35
Asos Victoriana Top now £18
River Island Red Bow Cropped jumpsuit £55
This culotte jumpsuit ticks so many trends and is the perfect AW15 colour , dark red, wear with tan sandals now and with tan knee high boots in the winter.


My Style:
The Zara dress mixed up with yellow and tan for the summer...

I adore all of these tops, so love this trend, I cannot wait to wear in the winter with dark, berry lips and heavy midi skirts and boots..I always get a season ahead of myself at this time as I get so excited about the new stock and styles dropping in stores. For now I will be buying items I can wear for the rest of the year, layering up as it gets colder then I really feel I am getting my moneys worth! are you a fan of the Victoriana top, have you bought any so far, do any of the above catch your eye, as always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx

6 comments:

  1. I like them ... they don't like me. Or rather I have a short neck and feel a little trussed up if I do a full fasten up to the top. Now if they have a slight opening at the neck ... then we're talking. And you're always so ahead. I'm frantically buying shorts for the heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know Sue, I get easily bored with the season we are in and cant wait for the next one! xx

      Delete
  2. I could quite happily take home any (or all, I'm really not fussy!) of those beautiful tops! I love the way you've styled dress with the yellow coat. Perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Becky, and I would have all of them too, love them! xx

      Delete
  3. I like the look as long as they're sleeveless...I'm not good in the high neck and long sleeves. So I'm loving that ASOS top...off for a closer look! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty cool isnt it Avril, I wish I could buy them all ! xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com