Wednesday 11 March 2015

Spring's Perfect Flat Shoe....

Style Theory: It started with Aquazzura, then Isabel Marant and now the high street is awash with the lace up, delicate shoe that flatters and looks fabulous with dresses and jeans alike...

Aquazzura @Harvey Nichols £425
The Aquazzura are really expensive so I am so glad to report I have found some stunning 'homages' on the high street for as little as £22.99.... perfect for a Spring wardrobe update...
First here are some ideas of how to style:
These are the Isabel Marant shoes, the lace up style looks fabulous styled with an oversize sweater and ankle length skinny jeans, laid back perfection. 
Wear with your boyfriend jeans and cargo to up the style on a casual look.
Stunning with black distressed jeans.
Great with cut off shorts and a tee for holiday chic.
Go for Parisian look with a black/navy blazer and skinny jeans. 
A subtle and stylish look with all black 
The lovely Alex from The Frugality wears her Next shoes with a beautiful maxi dress for a wedding, the perfect dress up/dress down shoes.

As you can see these are such useful, elegant shoes that go with such a range of outfits and are completely easy to walk in..perfect..

So here are the best, affordable options on the high street, starting with the more expensive down to super reasonable. I have chosen all flat version of these shoes as I find them easier to walk in and therefore get more wear out of them. These will look fab in the Spring with a pair of skinny black or blue jeans and a sweater and in the summer wear with denim cut off jean shorts and a white boho top with black/white embroidery detail and a black or leopard print bag.

Russell and Bromley Logo Lace Shoes £255
Free People Jeffrey Campbell Shay Lace Up  £100
Boden Lille Lace-up Point Shoes £89
Office Vibrant Multi Strap Shoes £55
Next Black Ghille Point Shoes £45
A word of caution with these shoes, they are narrow so better on narrow feet due to the lack of support on the outside. If you have wider feet the New Look or Office will be a better, reasonable option.
New Look Lace Up Point Shoes £22.99

Such a useful little pair of shoes, if you can try on a few different styles to check which ones flatter and fit you the best, I guarantee if you find a really comfortable pair you will wear them all the time.

MY STYLE

Breton: Petit Bateau
Jacket: Topshop
Jeans: Topshop Baxter Jeans
Bag: Aurora Living Willow Bag
Shoes: Next (link above)
I have worn mine for nights out, days shopping and meetings and they are really comfortable, looking forward to the weather warming up so my feet do not freeze as much though!

Do you have these shoes, are you into the lace up look? As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xx

10 comments:

  1. I bought the Office ones back in early Autumn Frances & just love mine. I've find them incredibly useful...think I may have to purchase the Boden ones next ;-0
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart Weitzman have a pair similar to the Russell and Bromley ones - so I am now saving for those:) I had to throw my Office ones away as the zip kept coming undone!;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your' choice of the Next ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad you advised about wide feet with the Next ones - I feared as much. I almost need something to hold my feet in rather than let them overspill. And you're right, I actually suit the New Look version better - I tried those one not so long ago - they were lovely. I did however order the navy version of the Boden ones ... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm driving myself mad with these shoes. Got the Next ones (unworn) at the moment. New Look ones didn't suit, Dune ones were so uncomfortable, really wanted the stringy thing to start in a v on the Boden ones but love the colour options. Help!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just received the next ones. Absolutely bloody LOVE them. Can't wait to wear. Sick child stopped play today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got the New Look ones....now hankering after the Boden silver ones! In my dreams I am wearing the Isabel Marant....totally divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with these looks. The outfits can be mixed and matched so seamlessly!
    women flat shoes

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com