Monday 29 September 2014

Every Girl Wants to be a Ballerina....

Style Theory: There are times when you just want to feel feminine and pretty, with all the androgynous looks in fashion at the moment why not add a floaty, pleated skirt to your wardrobe to add some girliness..

These skirts have been around for a few years so you may already have one in your wardrobe here are some ideas of how to style the pleated skirt:
Team your pleated skirt with a slouchy denim shirt 
For a daytime look wear with trainers, slightly shorter pleated skirts look good with trainers.
Make your skirt Autumn appropriate by wearing it with a tonal jumper.
Wear your grey pleated skirt with snakeskin shoes and a white shirt for a chic look.
Wear a floor length pleated skirt with a slouchy shirt for a dressed up/dressed down look. 
Leather or faux leather skirts look chic and sophisticated, wear with heels for a flattering look.
All images above via Pinterest

These skirts are great for transitional dressing, they can be worn in the height of summer with bare legs, a t-shirt and a pair of pointed heels or flats and in Autumn/Winter with a fine wool sweater and a pair of knee high boots or trainers.

I have finally got my hands on a pleated skirt (after years of wanting one) This one is from Whistles, I used the 25% off from last week's Grazia to buy it. It is a great length and weight so it hangs beautifully. You cannot help but feel very feminine in it, the crystal-pink hue would look fabulous with such an array of colours..tan, turquoise, blues and black. 



Jumper: Topshop similar here
Skirt: Whistles £115
Shoes: Zara similar here
Another outfit idea...
Coat: Zara similar here
Sweater: Whistles £85 (this is gorgeous, I love it)
Watch: Storm 'Rizzy' £115
Skirt: Whistles As above
Bracelet: Alex Monroe £120
I know I will wear my skirt over and over again, here are a few other options available now on the highstreet:
Reiss June Pleated Skirt £135
Asos Premium Pleated Skirt £60
Asos Pleated Skirt in Leather look £60
Asos Pink Pleated Skirt £30
Zara Leather Effect Olive Skirt £39.99
Asos Pleat Front Bonded Skirt £40
Do you already have a pleated skirt in your wardrobe, do you team yours with trainers or heels, are you finding it a useful item for this warm Autumn?
 
As always I would love to hear your thought and comments, until next time Frances xxx

15 comments:

  1. That skirt looks really good on you and think Olivia P's and Zara one you featured are my favourite.

    Joanne
    http://www.thestylistandthewardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, Olivia P's skirt is stunning, she always looks flawless! x

      Delete
  2. Love the pink on you also great to cheer up a grey winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a grey pleated skirt at the weekend from....Tescos! It looks just like the one in the photo of the girl with the bike, and I'm wearing it today with my white leather trainers and a pale grey sweater - I wasn't totally sure, but now feeling rather smug and on trend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, sounds fab, you have styled it up perfectly, must check out Tescos! xx

      Delete
  4. It's divine on you Frances! I love the Asos pink one too! I've gone for leather skirts this season - but have a lilac one that gives it some femininity too - I need to wear it now it's cooler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes, as we both know we both love a bit of lilac. Love the leather skirts on you though, esp your tan one, it looks fab! x

      Delete
  5. I adore them and your Whistles one is beautiful. I had ones a few years back from Reiss, it hit Ebay ...... regretting that now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame, isn't it amazing how quick things come round again, I have just ebay'd a few old things, no doubt I will regret it! xx

      Delete
  6. I adore them and your Whistles one is beautiful. I had a grey one from Reiss, that hit eBay ...... regretting that slightly now. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning on you. I may well be tempted if teamed with knee high boots. Such a feminine look - great change from the usual skinnies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to love it with high boots, it would look fab on you Helen xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com